Notice: I have written in other languages, many interesting articles that you
can read translated in English
in these links:
Part 1 and Part 2.


ENCOUNTER OF JAMES MORGAN PRYSE WITH MASTER MORYA




James Morgan Pryse was one of the most consistent students of Blavatsky, but before knowing her physically, in his memories he narrates that he had an encounter with her and with master Morya through an astral projection. In August 1889, while he still in Los Angeles, California, Mr. Pryse had the following experience:


« One evening while I was thus meditating the face of Madame H.P. Blavatsky flashed before me. I recognized it from her portrait in her book Isis Unveiled, though it appeared much older. Thinking that the astral picture, as I took it to be, was due to some vagary of fancy, I tried to exclude it; but at that the face showed a look of impatience, and instantly I was drawn out of my body and immediately was standing "in the astral" beside H.P.B. in London. It was along toward morning there, but she was still seated at her writing desk.

While she was speaking to me, very kindly, I could not help thinking how odd it was that an apparently fleshy old lady should be an Adept. I tried to put that impolite thought out of my mind, but she read it, and as if in answer to it her physical body became translucent, revealing a marvelous inner body that looked as if it were formed of molten gold.



Then suddenly the Master Morya appeared before us, in his mayavi-rupa [“astral body”]. To him I made profound obeisance, for he seemed to me more like a God than a man. Somehow I knew who he was, though this was the first time I had seen him. He spoke to me graciously and said, "I shall have work for you in six months." He walked to the further side of the room, waved his hand in farewell and departed.

Then H.P.B. dismissed me with the parting words, "God bless you," and, directly I saw the waves of the Atlantic beneath me; I floated down and dipped my feet in their crests. Then with a rush I crossed the continent till I saw the lights of Los Angeles and returned to my body, seated in the chair where I had left it.
. . .

Six months afterward the Master's promise was made good. My brother John and I, returning from a trip to South America, landed in New York City. We found Mr. William Judge perplexed by a difficult problem: H.P.B. had directed him to send her Instructions to all the American members of the Esoteric School, but had sent him only one copy, and he had no facilities for making the many copies needed.

We solved that problem for him by establishing the Aryan Press and printing the Instructions in book-form. Then, in response to a cable from H.P.B., I went to London to do the same work there, and started the H.P.B. Press. When I met H.P.B., we did not need to "become acquainted." It was as if we had known each other always. »

(Article "Memorabilia of H.P.B." published in The Canadian Theosophist, March 15, 1935, p.2)




No comments:

Post a Comment