Notice: I have written in other languages, many interesting articles that you
can read translated in English in this
link.

CARLOS CASTANEDA'S OPINION ON THE OTHER INSTRUCTORS OF DON JUAN'S TEACHINGS




Given Carlos Castaneda's great success, others began to emerge who also started explaining the teachings of the nahual Don Juan Matus, but without Castaneda's consent. And Castaneda addressed this matter on several occasions.


1. In the lecture that Castaneda gave at the Tibet House Mexico in 1993, about this subject he said:

« There are people who give classes on Carlos Castaneda, on the path of the warrior, and there are idiots who pay to hear them, and when I hear them, it makes my hair stand on end.

For example, I know there's an Argentinian woman who begins all her classes by saying, "Carlos Castaneda as a person is so insignificant." But if she's going to teach, she should say something more forceful. What I do is very serious because I put my life into it. »




2. In 1997, journalist Daniel Trujillo Rivas interviewed Castaneda, and when he asked him:

There are countless people who, in one way or another, have "latched on" to you to gain public notoriety.

What is your opinion of the actions of Victor Sanchez, who has interpreted and rearranged his teachings to develop a personal theory?

Or the claims of Ken Eagle Feather, who asserts that he has been chosen as a disciple by Don Juan himself?



Castaneda replied:

« Indeed, there are a number of people who call themselves my students or students of Don Juan himself, whom I have never met and whom I can assure you Don Juan never met either.

Don Juan Matus was exclusively interested in perpetuating his lineage of shamans. He had four disciples who remain to this day [Castaneda, Carol, Taisha, and Florinda].

He had others who left with him. Don Juan wasn't interested in teaching his knowledge; he did so with his disciples so they could continue his lineage. And since his disciples [Castaneda, Carol, Taisha, and Florinda] cannot continue Don Juan's lineage, they have been forced to spread his ideas.

The concept of a teacher imparting knowledge is part of our cognitive system, but it wasn't part of the cognitive system of the shamans of ancient Mexico. For them, teaching was absurd. Transmitting their knowledge to those who would perpetuate the lineage was another matter entirely.

The fact that there are a number of individuals determined to use my name or that of Don Juan is simply an easy maneuver to benefit themselves without much effort. »





OBSERVATIONS

As expected, Castaneda did not like that others also began to explain the teachings of Don Juan, to the point that he sued Victor Sanchez for violating his copyright.

What I have observed is that some of these instructors teach poorly and it is clear that they only want to profit by taking advantage of the fame that Castaneda obtained, but others are passionate about this subject and teach very well, even better than Castaneda himself.







No comments:

Post a Comment