Notice: I have written in other languages, many interesting articles that you
can read translated in English in this
link.

THE ENCOUNTER THAT MANUEL CARBALLAL HAD WITH CARLOS CASTANEDA

 




Manuel Carballal is a respected Spanish researcher specializing in the paranormal, and in an interview with Santiago Camacho, he recounted his encounter with Carlos Castaneda.



Carballal:  I met Concha Labarta in very curious circumstances, it was at a congress that had been held in Valencia on spiritism, where several researchers attended to give talks, and talking with her the topic of shamanism came up.

I have always been very interested in shamanism because I was an avid reader of Carlos Castaneda as a child, that is, long before I had the good fortune to meet the Nagual personally, which is how we reverentially referred to Castaneda, I had already read all his books and several times.

I became friends with Concha and we stayed in touch. She worked at the magazine "Más Allá". Later I discovered that she was the one who led the group of Carlos Castaneda's followers in Spain.


What happened in 1994 is that one day Concha called me and said: "Look, next Tuesday the Nagual will be in Spain and a very exclusive meeting will be organized, but he has allowed me to invite some people."

And he invited Javier Sierra and me. Javier was his desk mate at the "Más Allá" newsroom.

I immediately took the first bus I could to go to the offices of "Más Allá", which was quite an epic journey because from Galicia, where I live, I had to combine buses and trains until I finally arrived near Majadahonda [which is a Spanish municipality belonging to the Community of Madrid].

I arrived at a venue very close to the "Más Allá" offices, in a restaurant where they had rented the back area. There were approximately 50 of us in total.

Because the mere fact of being able to see Carlos Castaneda in person was like being offered the chance to attend a meeting where you could see your greatest idol, the person you admire most in the world, and you would finally have the opportunity to see them. In Castaneda's case, this was something few had achieved because he remained very secretive; he didn't allow himself to be photographed or recorded, and he gave few interviews. So, that fact alone made you feel chosen.

And that's part of that Machiavellian game of emotions that existed in the whole world of Castanedaism, because simply having the chance to shake his hand, to see him, to hear him in person, made you feel chosen. Many would have done crazy things to meet Castaneda, so Javier and I were blown away.

And what happened was that Castaneda gave his talk but he was also accompanied by several witches, among them Kylie Lundahl, a six-foot-tall valkyrie, a spectacular woman, she was Castaneda's escort, so to speak.



And these witches (Taisha Abelar, Florinda Donner and Kylie) while people were there listening to the Nagual, they passed among us as if they were watching something; according to their belief system, they were examining our energy egg.

Being examined has always made me very nervous, but to put it simply, it's like having your aura clairvoyantly observed. And their inspection was intended to detect, through our energetic bodies, potential candidates to become shamanic warriors.


I can't speak for the others, I don't know what the others did, but when the event ended I ran to the bathroom and started writing down everything I could remember, because they didn't let us take notes or record.

Then I returned home, of course completely amazed, and after a couple of days I received a call from Concha who told me: "The Nagual was talking to the witches and they have said that they want you to join the personal group in Spain, so that you can continue the path of the warrior, they have seen your energy egg and the Nagual agrees."

And that's how I entered Castaneda's world: through the front door. So grand, in fact, that they did something to me I've never seen them do to anyone else, and believe me, I've read everything published about Castaneda, but in no other account, in no other testimony, have I found that they did the same to anyone else as they did to me. Because people were killing each other to get access to the most secret information they possessed.



Santiago: There's something you haven't mentioned but that I think is very significant, and that is that after that talk that Javier and you attended, there was a question period, and I think that your behavior at that moment was what motivated them to choose you, and that later Castaneda asked about you.



Carballal: Yes, of course, imagine you're Christian and you can travel back in time and attend Jesus' Sermon on the Mount. Imagine a Christian having the opportunity to be face to face with Jesus Christ. Well, that's what Castaña was like for us. 

So imagine Jesus finishing his sermon and saying: Any questions?

Well, nobody dares to raise their hand and ask him.

And that's what happened at that meeting, when the time came for questions and Castaneda said if anyone had any questions, nobody raised their hand, but since I'm a bit reckless, I raised my hand, and I remember Concha glaring at me, a look that exclaimed "how dare you ask the Nagual directly," which was like asking God.

And I also asked him a question that was completely outside his usual topic because I asked him about UFOs.

I remembered that in one of his books, in the second book when he talks about his trips to the Sonoran Desert with Don Juan Matus, he recounts a couple of episodes in which he says they saw some strange lights in the desert that chased them.

And I remember that Castaneda didn't understand the question, so he was a little taken aback, which was understandable since Castaneda had never been asked about the UFO topic before, so I had to insist and insist three or four times until he answered me.

And I imagine that that audacity, that reckless act of daring to bother the Nagual, was what truly motivated them to become interested in me, and not my luminous egg, which I think is quite ordinary.



Then my warrior training begins, and the first thing you have to do is find your place of power, which is one of the practices that already appears in Castaneda's first book, my magical place, let's say, and there I carried out the recapitulation process that lasted several months.

Recapitulation is an exercise I used to do every morning when I woke up in the middle of the forest in A Coruña. The first thing I did on an empty stomach was to relive every event of my life backwards, because according to Castaneda's shamanic teachings, that's what allows you to disconnect from those memories that can drain your energy.

And once the recap was completed, what followed was what, from that year onwards, began to be taught initially very secretly to very small groups: 'the magic passes'.

At that time it was very difficult to access that, but in my case it was absolutely disconcerting because I didn't have to go and learn the magic passes, but two of Castañeda's witches in Spain told me that they were coming to my house for a week to teach them to me personally.

And that was absolutely incredible because I haven't heard of anyone else being offered the privilege of having them taught at home.






VIDEO

In this video you can listen to the transcript I put above starting at minute 41:55.









HIS DESCRIPTION OF CASTANEDA

In another broadcast, Carballal described Castaneda as follows:

« Castaneda commanded a lot of respect. He was very short: one meter fifty-seven, he was of Latin American origin with a very dark skin, his family called him César the black precisely because of the dark tone of his skin, it's not that he was mulatto but he had a markedly Latin skin tone.

He was very magnetic, very wiry, very muscular; you could tell he was a very athletic guy, very physically active.

He was an absolutely irresistible charmer, not only with women, but also with his stage presence. I remember him chatting nonstop, moving energetically all over the stage. »








No comments:

Post a Comment