Notice: I have written in other languages, many interesting articles that you
can read translated in English
in these links:
Part 1 and Part 2.


RUDOLF STEINER AND CLAIRVOYANCE



(The text below is an extract of the article written by the United Lodge of Theosophists in England, and you can read it here.)






The following text is from Antony Philip Halas, who lived in Athens, Greece, was for some years in written communication with London ULT, having become a ULT associate in 1954. We make no interpretation of Mr. Halas' account but leave entirely to the readers. It would be useful to read it in conjunction with our article:


~ * ~


THE DANGERS OF UNTIMELY CLAIRVOYANCE



By Antony Philip Halas (author and journalist)

“Beware of false prophets. Ye shall know them by their fruits. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.”
(Matthew 7, 16-18)

- - -

« Bewildered by the astounding rumors concerning the work of that prolific writer Mr. Rudolf Steiner (the famous founder of the University of Occultism “Goetheanum” at Dornach, Basel, Switzerland, and of the epoch-making School of “Anthroposophy”); and being since my earliest youth devoted to the pursuit of Knowledge and Truth – I thought it advisable to obtain all his existing works.

One of Rudolf Steiner’s works, which particularly attracted my attention, was: “How can a man obtain consciousness or knowledge of the higher Worlds.” As soon as I obtained possession of the book in question, I began studying it with the enthusiasm and transport of a neophyte, carried away by the mastery of the great writer.

When I came to that portion of the book, where the author gives with painstaking examples and facts all desirable details for those who wish to become clairvoyant, – I blessed my good luck and stars for coming across such an unexpected treasure, the more so as I was athirst to be once for all deprived of my spiritual blindness and obtain at last the intensely longed for Internal Sight and regain the function of my Third Eye.

Alas! How far away I still was from that “consummation, devoutly to be wished”!

How uninformed and unaware was I of the horrible dangers that were lurking around me!

With avidity and eagerness I devoured every page, fervently perusing every detail, ready to fulfill every instruction and commandment. As I was told in that book that I ought to buy a multifaced crystal, I immediately did so; and though more than thirty years have elapsed since that time, my life was full of startling events and adventures and in the meantime – I still have in my possession this relic, which I preserve as a sacred memorial and a token of gratitude towards my greatest Benefactor, who, as I will narrate soon, intervened miraculously at the right moment and checked me in time from continuing to put in practice to their full extent the most dangerous methods.

Strictly and faithfully following Rudolf Steiner’s instructions, I used to get up early in the morning, an hour before the rising of the Sun and for more than a fortnight I was deeply and earnestly meditating on the seed’s evolution and development, i.e. on its germination, on its embryo, integuments and endosperm, on its growth, which gives rise to the stem of the plant.

To cut it short, having before me the seed, and carefully complying myself with Rudolf Steiner’s instructions, I mentally followed the whole evolution of plant life: birth or germination, growth, blooming, flowering, marriage, impregnation or perpetuation of kind, fruit bearing or seed bearing, waning, withering or decline, old age, death.

A similar exercise consisted in meditating on the sperm of an animal and man: namely, on the whole evolution of animal life from birth to death. Needless to say that I did not miss be it one single exercise of those promising to endow me with the Second Sight, Clairvoyance, Clairaudience or Spiritual Sight and Hearing.

Side by side with the above mentioned exercises, always in strict accordance with Rudolf Steiner’s instructions, I was earnestly engaged in crystal gazing.

Under such circumstances, predispositions and tendencies or “gifts” was I devoutly engaged in the dangerous practices, so light-heartedly and copiously lavished and described with every possible detail and without any precaution or restraint in that treacherous and misguiding book.

The catastrophe was imminent. I was doomed to unrepairable wreckage, to which I was approaching at full speed and as sure as two and two are four.

Fortunately some one was watching over me!

A fortnight or so since I had started the above mentioned exercises one unforgettable night (thirty years ago or more) I was visited, when in Spirit, by a dark haired and bearded Man, in the full of his manhood, whose blooming health and exuberant vitality.

He addressed me in French and said in an imperative and convincing voice:

-      “I am an occultist and I shadow you. Beware! Death waits for you.”

I, at once understanding the meaning of his warning, replied:

-      “How could I satisfy my unquenchable thirst for knowledge?”

My benevolent Benefactor replied:

-      “My answer will be given you by means of a verse of Pindar.”

And, saying so, he recited in ancient Greek the following quotation:

-      “When the Sun shines in the vastness and chaos of Heavens, and you, my Soul, want to sing, praise, and celebrate the deeds, fame, and merits of a Hero or Heroine, you will in vain seek therein another star worthy of more exaltation or glorification: no rival dares to appear before the unsurpassed Glory of the Lord of Sky.”

And when I asked him to point out to me the Intellectual or Spiritual Hero, who could so fully, satisfactorily, and radically quench my thirst for knowledge, my Benefactor put his right hand in the inner pocket of his jacket and took something, which he showed me.

It was a Portrait of Madame Helena Petrovna Blavatsky!

And that's why I contacted you, and I do not regret it because I discovered that the Theosophical teaching is the most complete and profound of all esoteric writings»

(Note: I translated into English from my corresponding article in Greek, published in the “Scientific Encyclopaedia,” Athens, 1958)





OBSERVATIONS

I can not tell you if that meeting that Mr. Halas had with this mysterious man really happened or was the product of his imagination, but I still put his story here because there are interesting things to comment.

To begin, the fact that Rudolf Steiner gives his readers techniques to develop their clairvoyance, shows that Steiner was not in contact with the Masters as he claimed, because the Masters warned that it is not convenient to want to awaken the occult faculties while the person has not yet developed his spirituality, because then the person will open his aura and runs the risk of being very easily parasitized, vampirized and even possessed by the lower entities of the astral.

And that is why it is necessary to first develop spirituality, because the best protection to avoid being invaded by dark entities, is precisely through the light that a higher spiritual being emanates and moves away all those harmful entities.



On the other hand, I do not know if the techniques taught by Rudolf Steiner to activate the Third Eye are effective or not, although personally I doubt it very much because Steiner shown a terrible clairvoyance and he was a very liar man.

However, as Master Pasteur explained, an important factor is the intention you put in your effort to achieve that, and since Mr. Halas already had his faculty a little developed and he was putting a lot of intension, it is likely that regardless if the exercises he was carrying out were useful or not, he was still awakening his clairvoyance through his effort, but at the cost of endangering his evolution.

And that's why it does not matter if this mysterious man was a true being, or his subconscious who may have taken that appearance to warn him, because his message certainly prevented him from getting lost in the psyche because of following deceitful instructors and not having deeply studied the true esotericism.













No comments:

Post a Comment